The goal for the Trustlines Foundation is to make Trustlines Network Coins widely accessible. TLC is the native token of Trustlines Blockchain that TLN can be converted to. A wide distribution of the token should help in creating use cases that align with the mission of financial inclusion. Merkle drop was the chosen tool to make this happen. For the accessibility of Trustlines Network Tokens, the Foundation emphasized eligibility in groups that it sees as aligned with its mission.
These are the groups of eligible addresses that can now claim their TLN tokens
- Early contributors to the Trustlines Network ecosystem. This includes, for example, testers and testnet validators, as well as those who whitelisted their address to become validators, but did not secure a slot in the auction
- People who were interested in participating in the drop via our community channels
- ETHBerlin2 hackers
- Addresses included in the Genesis block of Ethereum (with at least one transfer executed)
- Maker (MKR), Bancor (BNT) and DAI token holders
- dxDAO Rep holders and HumanityDAO human participants
- POAP, Proof-of-Attendance NFT holders
- Collection of ETH addresses, that underwent some form of identity verification in the past
Once an address has claimed their TLN tokens (Note: claiming TLN is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Merkle drop), they are free to do whatever they want with them. The primary use case envisioned for the TLN tokens would be to use the bridge between Ethereum and Trustlines Blockchain to convert the tokens into Trustlines Network Coins. TLC is the native token of Trustlines Blockchain and is used to pay fees on the chain. These fees are similar in functions as ETH on Ethereum. For example, they are used for transaction fees and smart contract deployment. The distributed TLN tokens will be freely transferable. Meaning they can be moved, or, for example, traded for other assets as well.
You can read more in the Merkle Drop Launch blog post.
Claiming TLN using the website and MetaMask
The easiest way to claim TLN from the Merkle Drop is to use the Merkle Drop website with MetaMask.
Go to the Merkle Drop website
Head on over to https://trustlines.foundation/merkle-drop to get started.
Enter your Ethereum address in the box and click on
Check eligibility to confirm that your address is eligible to claim TLN from the Merkle Drop.
Claiming the tokens
After entering an eligible address, you can claim your tokens.
_Note: The page will show “X TLN claimable out of original Y TLN” because the amount is decaying over time. The sooner you claim, the more you get.__
You will need to Accept the Terms and Conditions of the Merkle Drop in order to move forward in claiming your tokens.
A MetaMask notification will pop up where you need to confirm the transaction for claiming the tokens.
After the transaction has been confirmed, you will soon receive the TLN in your wallet.